News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Conversation with Veronica

• 2 Replies

Offline man-of-sea

• May be in my younger days
« on: August 12, 2024, 10:41:54 PM »
Hello again, this is a different type of story line One I was thinking about for awhile after having some discussions with a friend and his current girlfriend is a MMA fighter. I was always curious about why girls fight in such manner so I finally made it into a story of sorts. Hope you like it..

Veronica
Hi! ????

Brad
Hey Veronica, I'm Brad. I'm an investigative journalist, and I've heard quite a bit about your reputation in the underground MMA scene. I want to write about why women like yourself choose to fight in such a grueling and often dangerous environment. Would you be interested in sharing your story?

Veronica
Looking Brad straight in the eye with a smirk, she leans back against the locker room wall, crossing her arms. Sure thing, Brad. I'm always up for a good chat. But you'd better have some vital questions because my story isn't for the faint of heart.

Brad
That's precisely what I'm looking for. Can we start with what first drew you to the sport? Did you have any particular influences or experiences that led you down this path?

Veronica
Her smirk turns into a grin, and she nods. It all started when I was a kid, watching my older brother's MMA fights on TV. I was always the tomboy, trying to keep up with him and his friends. One day, I got tired of watching from the sidelines and decided to jump in. The rush of adrenaline, the feeling of power and control - it was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. And when I hit the mat for the first time, I knew it was where I belonged. I've been fighting ever since, pushing my limits and showing everyone what I'm made of.

Brad
So, was your brother the catalyst for your involvement in MMA? Did he encourage or train you?

Veronica
Her eyes light up with the memory. Oh, he encouraged me, alright. He never trained me per se, but he didn't stop me either. I learned most of my moves from watching him and his friends and from the trainers at the local gym. They saw the fire in me and didn't want to put it out. They taught me discipline, technique, and how to take a hit without flinching. But the actual training came from the streets. You learn fast when you've got to defend yourself every day.

Brad
And when was your first actual fight? Can you recall the moment you stepped into the cage for the first time? Was your opponent a man or a woman?

Veronica
Her gaze drifts to a far corner of the locker room as if reliving the moment. My first fight was against a guy. I was 18, and he was some big shot from the neighborhood. He thought it'd be a piece of cake to beat up the new kid on the block. But when he saw I was a girl, his cockiness grew tenfold. That's when I knew I had to win. The crowd was rowdy, the cage was cold, and my heart was racing like a wild horse. But the second the bell rang, it all faded away. It was just me and him. I'll never forget the look on his face when he realized I wasn't going to be an easy win. And when I knocked him out in the second round, the cheers were like music to my ears. That's when I knew I had a taste for this.

Brad
Now that you're a well-known figure in the underground scene, what's your perspective on fighting women? Is there a difference in the approach or the dynamic compared to fighting men? Does your popularity affect how you prepare for or engage in these fights?

Veronica
Her eyes narrow slightly, and she uncrosses her arms, resting her hands on her hips. When it comes to fighting, gender doesn't matter to me. I fight whoever's in front of me. But there's something about going up against another woman that's just... different. It's a clash of wills, a dance of strength and skill. And the crowd? They eat it up. As for my popularity, it means I have to work harder to stay on top. Everyone wants to be the one to take down the champ. But I don't let it get to my head. I train just as hard, if not harder, for every fight. The cage is my sanctuary, Brad. It's where I come to prove myself, over and over again.

Brad
How do you see the dynamic playing out, primarily when it's known that women in the audience might be dealing with domestic violence in their own lives? Does the energy of the fights resonate with them in any way? Is there a sense of empowerment or perhaps a cathartic release when they watch you and other women take control and stand firm in the cage?

Veronica
Her expression turns serious as she considers the question. I've had fans come up to me after fights, thanking me for giving them the courage to stand up to their abusers. It's a heavy responsibility but also a powerful one. Fighting in the cage is about more than just winning for me. It's about showing that we're not weak, that we can stand our ground, and that we won't be pushed around. The adrenaline, the fear, the pain - it's all part of the fight, and if my battles can give someone else the strength to face their own, then that's worth more than any title. Her fists clench briefly. But let's be clear: I'm not fighting for a cause. I'm fighting because it's what I love. If my fights help others, that's a bonus, but I'm in it for the love of the sport.

Brad
Let's switch gears. Can you tell me about the most brutal fight you've ever been in? What made it so challenging, and how did you achieve victory?

Veronica
Her gaze turns introspective as she thinks back. The toughest fight? That's a tough one. But if I had to pick, it was against "The Nightshade," a fighter with a wicked ground game. We knew each other's strengths and weaknesses, so it was a battle of wills. She was relentless, and she caught me in a submission hold that had me seeing stars. But I didn't tap out. Somehow, I found the strength to escape and turn the tables. Her eyes light up with the memory of victory. In the end, it came down to who wanted it more. And I enjoyed that night more than anyone else in that cage. I pushed through the pain and doubt, and when the ref called it, I felt like I'd conquered the world. That's all about fighting, Brad—heart, grit, and never backing down.

Brad
Veronica, have you ever found yourself in a situation during one of your underground bouts where there was no referee to control the fight, and it was you and your opponent fighting until one of you couldn't stand anymore? How does that raw, unbridled form of combat compare to the more structured bouts you're used to? Does the lack of rules add an extra layer of intensity or fear?

Veronica
A knowing smile crosses her face. Oh, I've been in those kinds of fights. The ones without rules, without refs, just two people beating each other until someone can't get back up. It's... she searches for the right word... liberating. Sure, it's intense, but fear isn't the right word. It's more about survival instinct. When no one stops the fight, you must rely on your strength and will to win. The rush is indescribable. But I've learned to keep that feral side of me in check. I'm a professional, after all. She winks. Unless you're looking to step into the cage with me, Brad. Then, all bets are off.

Brad
I've got to admit, Veronica, your passion for the sport is truly inspiring. Before we wrap up, I have just a few more questions to ask before I let you get back to your training. I've noticed that you've got a fan following here in the underground scene. How do you handle the pressure of performing for an audience expecting a knockout every time? Does it ever get to you, or do you tune it all out and focus on the fight?

Veronica
Girlish laughs, the sound echoing in the locker room. Pressure? It's just noise to me. The crowd, the lights, the expectations - it's all part of the show. I tune it out and focus on the fight. That's when I'm in my element. The only thing that matters now is the opponent in front of me and the thrill of the battle. And sure, I love to give the fans a good show, but that's not what drives me. What fuels me is the challenge, the grind, the chance to push myself beyond what I thought was possible. Her eyes sparkle with excitement. And when I get that knockout, it's not just for them. It's for me, proving that I'm the best.

Brad
Now, Veronica, I've heard some of your fans say you're like a superhero in the cage. How do you respond to that? Do you feel like you're representing something greater than yourself when you fight?

Veronica,
Her cheeks flush slightly at the comparison. A superhero, huh? That's flattering, but I'm just a fighter. Sure, I might be a symbol of strength for some, but in the cage, I'm just a woman with gloves and a dream. I fight for myself, for my pride, and send a message to those who think they can push others around. But the cape and the tights? That's all in the eyes of the beholder. Her grin widens. I'm just trying to keep my head straight and my hands on the prize.

Brad
Speaking of dreams and feelings, I have to ask - and I hope this isn't too personal - but I've noticed that some athletes find a... ahem... different kind of excitement in the heat of competition. Do you ever find yourself getting, well, physically aroused during a fight? Does it depend on whether your opponent is a man or a woman?

Veronica
Her eyes widen slightly in surprise, but she quickly recovers with a shrug. You're not the first to ask, Brad. And it’s a weird question, but I get it. The adrenaline is intense in the cage. Sometimes, my body reacts in ways I can't always predict. But whether my opponent is a man or a woman, it's about the fight, not sex. The rush is from the competition, the strategy, the victory. It's all about the thrill of the sport, not the thrill of the flesh if you know what I mean.

Brad
That's fascinating, Veronica. The raw, visceral nature of the underground fights resonates with many people. And I've noticed that, for some of my male readers, the idea of two powerful women going at it in the cage is a significant part of the appeal. It's almost like a fantasy come to life for them. Do you ever feel like you're playing into that narrative when you're fighting? Or is it something you're completely detached from when you're in the moment?

Veronica
Her smile turns mischievous. Are you playing into it? No, I'm just being me. If some guys in the audience get a little hot under the collar, that's their problem. She laughs, slapping her thigh. But hey, if it puts more butts in the seats, I'm not complaining. Just remember, I'm not here to be anyone's fantasy. I'm here to kick ass and take names. And if that turns a few heads, well, that's just the cherry on top. Now, if you've got any more questions, let's get to it. I've got a fight to prep for, and I want to ensure the next contender is on time.

Brad
I understand, Veronica. And I appreciate your candidness. Now, for my readers who are dying to know, can you give us a quick rundown of your current stats? You know, height, weight, reach, that sort of thing? To keep them informed. He winks at her, the gesture hinting at the playful, flirty undertone of his question.

Veronica
Veronica's smile turns into a full-on grin, enjoying the playful banter. Sure thing, Brad. I'm 5'9", 145 pounds of pure, unadulterated muscle. My reach is 68 inches, and my record is 25-3. But stats don't tell the whole story. What's important is what you do with what you've got. And when I'm in the cage, I ensure every inch of me counts. Now, unless you've got something else to ask, I should hit the gym. I've got a date with a heavy bag that won’t smash itself.

Brad
Leaning back in his chair, Brad nods thoughtfully. Veronica, you've given me more than enough to work with. Your passion for the sport, your unwavering spirit, and your incredible story - it's all going to make for one hell of an article. Thank you so much for your time and sharing your experiences. I wish you all the success in the world, and I'm sure your fans will eagerly await your next about. Keep tearing it up in the cage, and we'll have to do this again after you've added a few more notches to your belt. Take care, and good luck with your training!

retired and self exploring daring to leave one's comfort zone.

Offline MikeHales67

Re: Conversation with Veronica
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2024, 11:57:27 PM »
Interesting character piece. I l8ked it.
Consciously Imcompetant.

Offline man-of-sea

• May be in my younger days
Re: Conversation with Veronica
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2024, 07:26:02 AM »
Thank you  it was just a whim that I had  after talking to a friend and his girlfriend who is a MMA fighter.
I am working on a new one  about my ex who was a action stunt woman and some of her  stories on the  film set.

Best,
man-of-sea
retired and self exploring daring to leave one's comfort zone.