News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Potential of AI - FRWL Catfight

• 1 Replies

Offline Tangocash1234

Potential of AI - FRWL Catfight
« on: June 29, 2024, 06:43:35 AM »
A hint of what AI will potentially be capable of has been provided by the efforts of an individual on Deviantart. They have succeeded in animating a few brief frames from a black and white publicity still of the famous gypsy catfight.

Whilst very short it indicates the direction of travel. If this technology comes to fruition the possibilities are a mind blowing.

https://www.deviantart.com/martinbeswick/art/The-Fight-at-The-Camp-1068876456

Online Martin Beswick

Re: Potential of AI - FRWL Catfight
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 05:34:47 PM »
In case anyone is curious, I'm using an app called Luma Dream Machine, and the free version allows for about 5 renders a day (that will take many hours to cook) in which you can turn a static photo into a 5 second clip -- like most AI tools, the content filters are very strict. Even tame photos of women in swimsuits often get rejected, but sometimes you get lucky.

I find it does a remarkable job with landscape and wide shots, anything involving human motion gets real weird real fast - the rest of the clip as rendered was pretty gnarly and weird, but I thought the first tiny part (which I slowed down via a different app) showed the potential of what's sure to come.

None of this is quite there yet, but within a few years (or even months) this technology is going to get increasingly mind-blowing. I'm honestly still not sure if I'm excited, scared, or a little bit of both.

{alt}