News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Maestro John Williams is 80 Happy Birthday !

• 3 Replies

Offline HB

• God Member
Maestro John Williams is 80 Happy Birthday !
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:32:34 PM »
This doesn't fit into any of the other boards below and I doubt there are many film music fans here, but film composer John Williams is 80 tomorrow, Feb 8th.  You know his music even if you don't realize it.

Star Wars  ( all of the Star Wars films ), Jaws, Superman, the Indiana Jones films ,  Harry Potter, Jurrassic Park,
Close Encounters Of the Third Kind,
The Poseidon Adventure ,  The Towering Inferno,   
Empire of the Sun 
The Witches of Eastwick
The Accidental Tourist
Born on the Fourth of July
Home Alone
Schindler's List
The Patriot
A.I. Artificial Intelligence   
War Horse

{alt}

Just to name a few...the guy has a heck of a legacy

Offline HB

• God Member
Re: Maestro John Williams is 80 Happy Birthday !
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 04:11:50 PM »
My Goodness!  A movie music enthusiast AND a girl fight fan. We must talk more my friend. My taste is for Jerry Goldsmith and the likes of Luzia and Nadege.

PS.  Thanks for that lovely FLATLINERS theme by James Newton Howard (another favorite).

My outlook is - there's Jerry Goldsmith.

Then there's everyone else. 

I would have posted a thread for JG's birthday this week but figured it'd be of even LESS interest here.

Drop me a PM if you'd like, or Yahoo, my yahoo ID should be on my profile. Now if you'll excuse me I'm listening to Goldsmith's Legend score as we speak... as for the femmes, I am old school it seems, so Maylay and Andi from the old Crystal films are my tastes..

Offline jagman49

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 12:13:42 AM »
hi, can i throw the name of Ennio Morricone into the hat too, his music score for the movie The Mission, is superb, as are his scores for those memorable spaghetti westerns, Once Upon A Time In The West, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, A Fist Full Of Dollars, and For A Few Dollars More. I think he also composed the music for the movies, Once Upon A Time In America, and The Untouchables.

Offline HB

• God Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »
hi, can i throw the name of Ennio Morricone into the hat too, his music score for the movie The Mission, is superb, as are his scores for those memorable spaghetti westerns, Once Upon A Time In The West, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, A Fist Full Of Dollars, and For A Few Dollars More. I think he also composed the music for the movies, Once Upon A Time In America, and The Untouchables.

You're right abt America/Untouchables.  Yes Morricone is great.  There's a great inexpensive 2 CD sampler of his stuff :

http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Time-Essential-Collection/dp/B0002V4YTU/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1329056405&sr=1-2

EM I turn to for his lush romantic music, great themes.  But yes I love stuff like Man With the Harmonica from Once Upon A Time In The West...that whole score is brilliant.