News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Locking threads??

• 4 Replies

Offline CATZREVIEW

• Approved Producers
  • God Member
  • Unscripted, brutal topless/nude catfights!
    • Catz Review
Locking threads??
« on: February 17, 2012, 09:15:52 PM »

I personally think it would be a good idea for producers to be given the right to lock their threads again.  It would stop a lot of bumping by individuals and allow other producers a fair crack at showing off their latest releases?

I can't see the point in letting chaos rule the forum.  I would be interested in hearing other producers opinions on this subject?

Two ferocious ladies, one fight, one winner, you!!
          https://catfightinguk.blogspot.com/

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
Re: Locking threads??
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »
I don't think it's a good idea myself. if you want to advertise your product and are happy to recieve plaudits and praise you should also accept criticism, provided it's within forum rules. I agree that constant baiting or harrasement of a producer is not what were after and should / will be monitered.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:41:33 PM by FEMMEFIGHT »

Offline CATZREVIEW

• Approved Producers
  • God Member
    • Catz Review
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »
I don't think it's a good idea myself. if you want to advertise your product and are happy to recieve plaudits and praise you should also accept criticism, provided it's within forum rules. I agree that constant baiting or harrasement of a producer is not what were after and should / will be monitered.

I am more than happy to receive constructive criticism.  I think you'll find what's happening on your forum is not constructive.  In fact if I was a customer reading all the verbal insults, I would definitely go elsewhere. Just my opinion.

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »
You have one of the most popular threads going on here with 62 replies and 2278  reads.

That in itself is positive I would suggest and fair play to you.

If your saying the negative comments detract from the thread and encourage users to go elsewhere, either for product purchase or forum opinion, I would probably disagree.

locking a thread is pretty tight form of censorship and whilst I am sure there are many clamouring to label me the censor Calligula of all time, I am pretty much against it. Just spend 5 mins with a mod in chat and ask them to vent their frustrations :-)

You do a good job, you produce decent content, some like it, some dont. Livestrong

cheers
John (aka Freecats Caligula)

Offline CATZREVIEW

• Approved Producers
  • God Member
    • Catz Review
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 10:56:54 PM »
You have one of the most popular threads going on here with 62 replies and 2278  reads.

That in itself is positive I would suggest and fair play to you.

If your saying the negative comments detract from the thread and encourage users to go elsewhere, either for product purchase or forum opinion, I would probably disagree.

locking a thread is pretty tight form of censorship and whilst I am sure there are many clamouring to label me the censor Calligula of all time, I am pretty much against it. Just spend 5 mins with a mod in chat and ask them to vent their frustrations :-)

You do a good job, you produce decent content, some like it, some dont. Livestrong

cheers
John (aka Freecats Caligula)

As much as I'd like to think they are reading my thread to the tune of 2278  reads, I'm pretty sure it's more to do with the verbal insults that are being traded.  My content is now just a sideshow that people flick past in order to get to the juicy bits.

Thank you very much for your input John, much appreciated.

If it's any consolation, I do not think that you are in any way responsible for any censorship on this forum.  You try to let things flow but some people just go too far.

Thanks again