News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Ronda Roussy vs. Miesha Tate

• 30 Replies

Offline CecilBDmented

• God Member
Re: Ronda Roussy vs. Miesha Tate
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2014, 02:58:47 PM »
Honestly, I think you're wasting your time if you're wishing for women's MMA to get sexy for the audience that places like, say, Double Trouble cater to. It's a combat sport, not scripted boner bait. Any sex appeal we find is purely icing on the cake, nothing more.

Double Trouble isn't sexy.  It's outright camp garbage and fake scripted B.S.  Instead of women's MMA becoming like DT, I'd rather see it lean more towards Fighting Dolls or Foxy Combat.  If anyone here remembers the start of women's body building there was a great debate between a very pretty Rachel Mclish vs. a very muscular Kay Baxter.  Rachel won because she epitomized the image that attracted the audience to grow and popularize working out, fitness and female body building while Kay simply looked like a freak with man muscles. Danskin (one of the few sponsors of women's body building) realized they could sell their products to more women that identified with sexy Rachel Mclish because no woman wanted to grow up and look like Kay Baxter. Tito Ortiz and Cyborg are too stupid to take a lesson from history: The paying public  that is $ociety doesn't want to see a woman that looks more like a man competing or beating up other women.

Women's MMA is destined to eclipse men's MMA as long as the idiots in the power seats recognize that female participants don't have to be more like men at the expense of being the beautiful sexy women that everyone wants to see.  The sexy weigh-ins and sexy wrestling outfits are a GREAT start. Remember how women's tennis got started?  Men's tennis dropped the ball and Women's tennis found a few photographers before slowly bending over and retrieving the ball...all the time flashing a sexy smile.  No one even talks about Men's tennis anymore.  It's all about the sexy women. Quote me and take bets - that's level of popularity is only going to be the starting block for women's MMA.