News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

My Little Sherry

• 22 Replies

Offline Damerei

Re: My Little Sherry
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2024, 05:56:48 AM »
This was excellently written. I've never read another story like it.

Offline FyreCracka

• God Member
  • A husband and wife catfight writing team
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2024, 04:34:02 PM »
Another unique and intriguing story where you seem to find a way to make a great catfight story... that really isn't so much about the actual catfight. The amateur psychologist in me finds this whole thing fascinating. I know things like this happen to strippers (at least that was where it was common back in the analog days). I wouldn't be surprised if a scenario nearly identical to this hasn't played out numerous times in real life with catfighters/onlyfans/instagram models who have cultivated certain types of "personas" online.

A really great piece of work that makes you think. Thanks for writing it, Kiva.
Fyre: a 5' 5 1/2", 130lbs, 39 years old, blonde hair and brown eyed brawler.

If you're interested in being in a story feel free to contact us.

We are now on Trillian: Fyrecracka

Offline GrayHairedWarriors

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2024, 09:13:26 PM »
Another well written thoughtful work.....now if there is any way you can complete "Requiem"  as I really have a feel and attachment for that work.  Had a relative in that position so I understand the confusion.

Offline BarbaraUK

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2024, 03:12:17 PM »
I liked the story a lot

The unique POV was inventive, the fight descriptions were spot on and the secondary  characters were well drawn

The ending was also suitably bitter sweet

Offline JT Edson

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2024, 02:49:15 PM »
I have always enjoyed your writing, but this....wow.
Great stuff.

Offline D69again

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2024, 05:51:22 PM »
Awesome work my friend!

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2024, 10:28:55 PM »
Thank you all. I was concerned that a story about a serious topic like mental illness would be out of place on FCF, which was my main hesitancy to post it. There’s also a risk of appearing inadvertently gratuitous, despite full intentions of treating the subject with respect. I certainly hope that wasn’t the case here. So, I appreciate all the likes and kind comments.

I’ve interacted with schizophrenic patients over the years. I wanted to touch on the challenges, misunderstandings, stigmatization, and mistreatment these people often suffer. I believe Conner’s backstory is typical of the illness, usually beginning with social isolation, then progressing to hearing voices, then full blown psychosis. The water tower incident is a true story of a patient I once met as a student.

Conner’s delusions about Sherry is termed “erotomania”. Perhaps the most famous case of this is schizophrenic John Hinckley, who attempted to assassinate Ronald Reagan and had psychotic delusions about actress Jodie Foster. This is actually uncommon.

Also, I hope I made it clear that I do not believe female fight fetish is related to any mental illness. :)

Finally, as far as I know, there is no catfight production company called “Battling Babes of Boston”. I made it up.  :D

Would love to have you post a fight about bipolar patients.  Besides their unique personality traits, I've found bipolar women to be significantly above-average in looks.

Offline Kiva

• God Member
  • Critical Care RN
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2024, 10:28:44 AM »
Would love to have you post a fight about bipolar patients.  Besides their unique personality traits, I've found bipolar women to be significantly above-average in looks.

As a writer, a story featuring a character with bipolar disorder could have much drama and emotion. And yes, I have known and worked with beautiful women (and men) who suffer from this illness.  I think I understand the disorder well enough to make it seem credible and, I would hope, respectful to real life bipolar persons. It’s an enticing idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Btw, May is Mental Health Awareness Month in the U.S. May 6-12 was National Nurses Week.
Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend thirty seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.