News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

question about self promotion

• 1 Replies

Offline StoneKidman

• God Member
  • I'm a writer of erotic wrestling stories(no cyber)
question about self promotion
« on: August 06, 2024, 01:13:41 AM »
I wanted to plug my catfight ebooks on kindle & smashwords but wanted to do so by posting either a chapter (complete match) or one of similar theme. There would be a link to the store at either the top or bottom of the post but I wanted to make sure this was cool before I post something that'll end up getting deleted for violating rules.
I can't include a link back to fcf in the ebook but just wanted to make sure this was okay first.

Thanks,
Stone

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: question about self promotion
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2024, 11:09:05 PM »
We have had authors do this in the past. If you are posting just a chapter I would say note it in your post title, especially if it isn't self contained. I am saying this as a general guide for others. If you do something self contained great but sometimes we get the Prologue and then a link to buy the book and it annoys people expecting a contained story.

Also don't flood the forum with your chapters. If you have 30 books don't post all 30 samples in a week :) . Yeah i know it is common sense but if we don't say it.

Is there an author's bio section where you might be able to post a link to the site? Yeah it won't be attached with all the books but at least it is something. I think people doing Patreons had to do something similar.

And if you need anything else let us know. 

I wanted to plug my catfight ebooks on kindle & smashwords but wanted to do so by posting either a chapter (complete match) or one of similar theme. There would be a link to the store at either the top or bottom of the post but I wanted to make sure this was cool before I post something that'll end up getting deleted for violating rules.
I can't include a link back to fcf in the ebook but just wanted to make sure this was okay first.

Thanks,
Stone
Now reading: "Never Again" by Francis King