News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Worried

• 14 Replies

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Worried
« on: March 28, 2012, 10:56:28 PM »
I just had blood work that I get done every year where they check for everything like diabetes to be safe since I am blind in one eye to my cholesterol and a bunch of other things basically a whole work up. Today my DR called me to tell me that something was abnormal and that I have to go in for a colonoscopy next week. They didn't even give me a chance to say anything, called up told me I need to have it done and when to be there. I am worried since Cancer runs in my family and I took care of a family member in the final days. Ever since then it has worried me. I am telling myself it is probably nothing and it probably is but I am human and will worry until this is all over with.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
Re: Worried
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:59:09 PM »
That's tough. I do hope the checkup goes well.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline The Saint

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 03:06:17 AM »
Good luck to you.

Try not to worry until you know more - easy to say - but do get that second opinion.
So you're the famous Simon Templar?

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 03:15:40 AM »
Thanks for the good wishes I agree that a 2nd opinion is a good idea if things don't go well next week.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline HB

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 05:49:16 AM »
Don't let what seems to be a total lack of bedside manner throw you for a loop. I know what you mean about maladies that run in the family, but my mantra has always been don't worry until there's something concrete to worry about.

Keep us updated though - wish you all the best, hang in there.

Offline Boundfighter

• God Member
    • My YAHOO profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »
Good luck to you. As i told you "THINK POSITIVE" This helps a lot . Have had cancer last year. Recovered now. and positive thinking have helped me a lot.

I hope that all goes well and keep us informed :D

{alt}

Jürgen
I have only one rule. Fun for both is the most importent thing :) and THINK POSITIVE :D Carpe Diem

Offline FEMMEFIGHT

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
I agree with all the sentiments here. Thoughts are with you.

Most check ups are just that, when the doctor sees an abnormality, it could be down to a multitude of reasons. Keep positivie.

cheers
John

DottiD

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 04:20:56 PM »
Sorry to hear that news for you and all i can say is do yourself a huge favor...start looking up natural and herbal supplements to fight a few things you have going on being your a diabetic to help control your high blood sugars take evening primerose it is an awesome assist to keep high ones in check , as far as your up coming check up while you will need to chat with your dr. there is something called "milk thistle" out there that promotes healthy liver functions it is something that every one should take even if your fine it removes oxidants that are harmful in daily things we ingest and digest. good luck and btw if your doc is one those that thinks natural is no good get a econd opinion cause even dr oz bucks script meds over natural.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 08:31:44 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I have been staying busy and trying to stay positive.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 03:43:05 AM »
I will be going in the hospital tomorrow morning for my test. so feeling a little nervous tonight
Have fun and tussle.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 08:10:35 AM »
I had my procedure today and everything is normal. That is a huge relief off my shoulders and mind. I was climbing the walls for a week. Thank you to everyone that posted and showed concern I appreciate it very much.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline Boundfighter

• God Member
    • My YAHOO profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 08:18:17 AM »
I had my procedure today and everything is normal. That is a huge relief off my shoulders and mind. I was climbing the walls for a week. Thank you to everyone that posted and showed concern I appreciate it very much.

I am happy for you to hear this. Now you can have a nice , happy easter. The heart beats not so fast. No more frighted. Thats good.
Wish you all the best.

Have a nice one

{alt}

Jürgen

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:48:01 AM by Boundfighter »
I have only one rule. Fun for both is the most importent thing :) and THINK POSITIVE :D Carpe Diem

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 09:42:48 AM »

Well have a great Easter Dan and I for one am glad everything was ok for you

Thank you Anna you have a great Easter also :)
Have fun and tussle.

BoxerPA87

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 02:38:11 PM »
Just saw this thread.... glad all went well. have a great weekend!

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 11:50:09 PM »
I'm glad everything worked out alright. :)
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie