News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

This is getting Totally Annoying

• 5 Replies

Offline LoveSexyJobbers

• God Member
This is getting Totally Annoying
« on: May 12, 2012, 05:08:24 PM »
I once again tried doing a new story , a 4th attempt at my Hot Nerds story over the last 4 to 5 days & I was just getting to the pin when " BAM " almost the entire story disappeared  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( & I was back to the setup in the 2nd part & considering that once again , the bulk of the story & the time it takes to type was gone , I just didn't have the wherewithall to start again , again .

Please , anybody know what I can do to stop this from happening , it is totally annoying  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
You never grow old until you stop being young

Offline harpua13

• God Member
Re: This is getting Totally Annoying
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
write in Word or Text and save often.
I've lost huge swaths of story before by being a dummy and not saving often.
Free your mind.
And your ass will follow.

Offline Boundfighter

• God Member
    • My YAHOO profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »
I once again tried doing a new story , a 4th attempt at my Hot Nerds story over the last 4 to 5 days & I was just getting to the pin when " BAM " almost the entire story disappeared  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( & I was back to the setup in the 2nd part & considering that once again , the bulk of the story & the time it takes to type was gone , I just didn't have the wherewithall to start again , again .

Please , anybody know what I can do to stop this from happening , it is totally annoying  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Not that stories are particularly something that I value but I would suggest that any web based action is always prone to this kind of loss and there's not much that can be done to change that.

Would it not be better to type the story ...or indeed any long post, in Microsoft Word first and then cut and paste?
write in Word or Text and save often.
I've lost huge swaths of story before by being a dummy and not saving often.

I feel so sorry for you LSJ But the posts are above are right . Type in word and copy the whole text and paste it here

Hope to read soon again new stuff from you :D

Jürgen
I have only one rule. Fun for both is the most importent thing :) and THINK POSITIVE :D Carpe Diem

Offline T aka Tony

• God Member
  • Working late
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 12:46:45 AM »
Yes I do the same. I write it else where where I can save it. Then I cut and past it here. I'll  modify it here. I suck at proof reading so I do a few modifications. lol

I hope that helps you. I know what you mean about writing something then bam it's gone. The first draft is usually the best for me.

T
Cheers!

Offline LoveSexyJobbers

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 06:49:51 AM »
Thanks to all who responded  :)

Good News  8) I found something where I can type the story , & actually see the whole thing as well instead of having the screen disappear to the top which makes things longer in case I mess something up , it saved alot of time & annoyance & I'm happy to say that " Hot Nerds get Destroyed " is a reality  ;D :) ;D :) ;D :)
You never grow old until you stop being young

Offline harpua13

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 02:52:04 AM »
wonderful LSJ! I'm always a fan of your work!
Free your mind.
And your ass will follow.