News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Harmony and Haymakers

• 0 Replies

Offline man-of-sea

• May be in my younger days
Harmony and Haymakers
« on: August 03, 2024, 04:27:56 AM »
here is the second part  of Marianna and Janna story hope you enjoy.

Harmony and Haymakers

Mariana glanced at the clock. "Five more minutes," she murmured, her nimble fingers dancing over the piano keys. The melody filled the living room, a gentle interlude in the quiet morning.

"Alright, Mariana," Janna called from the kitchen, her voice cutting through the serenity. "Breakfast is ready!"

Mariana sighed, her fingertips lingering on the ivory before she stood. Her tall, athletic frame moved with a grace that belied the power she wielded in her music. She padded over to the table, her eyes taking in the spread: scrambled eggs, toast, and a steaming cup of tea. She sat across from Janna, who was already devouring her meal with the voracity of someone who had spent the night pushing her body to its limits.

Mariana looked at Janna. “You were amazing last night when you and Bobbie went at it,” she said, the admiration in her voice unmistakable.

Janna grinned, swiping a piece of toast through her eggs. "Thanks, sis. It's all in a day's work." She took a bite, chewing thoughtfully before adding, "You know, you should come to the gym with me today. You've got a killer set of arms from all that piano playing. Maybe you'd enjoy throwing a punch or two."

Mariana's eyebrows shot up. "Me? At the gym?" She laughed, a light, melodic sound that filled the room. "What would I do there?"

Janna shrugged, her muscles rippling beneath her t-shirt. "You never know; you might like it. Besides, it's good to keep those arms in shape for when you're not tickling the ivories." She winked, her teasing tone lightening the air.

Mariana considered it for a moment, her curiosity piqued. "Okay, fine," she conceded, a hint of excitement creeping into her voice. "But if I hate it, you're carrying me home."

Janna chuckled, her eyes lighting up with excitement. "Deal."

As Janna led Marianna to the gym, Janna texted Bobbie to meet them there. Bobbie arrived with a big smile on her face and a duffel bag slung over her shoulder. She was a few minutes early, eager to start her own training session. “Hey, Janna,” she said, noticing Marianna for the first time. So Marianna, did you come to watch?"

Mariana's eyes widened at the sight of the gym: the smell of sweat and leather, the thud of gloves on pads echoing through the space. It was a stark contrast to the hushed reverence of her concert halls. She looked at Janna, who was already changing into her workout gear. "I think I'll give it a try," she said, a touch of trepidation in her voice.

Then Marianna smiled. There, towards the corner, was a beat-up old piano. "Looks like the gym has a little taste as she pointed to the piano.”

Janna looked over and laughed. "Yeah, it's there when we need to let off steam. Sometimes music does the trick better than punching bags."

Bobbie pipes up. “Yeah, just like last night when you played the moonlight sonata and Janna kicked my ass,” she says with a chuckle, taking a swig from her water bottle.

Mariana couldn't help but smirk at the memory. "Well, if it keeps you both in line, I might have to start playing more often."

Just then, another fighter, Leon, approaches them. “ Hey, Janna, who’s your fan club?” he says, looking around to see if his buddies are laughing. Janna rolls her eyes. “It’s just my sister Marianna; she came to see what all the fuss is about.”

Leon sizes up Marianna, his eyes lingering on her slender arms. "A pianist, huh? You sure you won't break a nail?"

Mariana's smile turns into a smirk. "You'd be surprised what these hands can do."

Janna claps her hands together. "Alright, let's get started. First things first, you need some gloves." She rummages through her bag and pulls out a pair of well-worn boxing gloves. "Here, these should fit."

Mariana takes the gloves, feeling their weight in her hands. They're surprisingly comforting, like the familiar embrace of her piano keys. She slides them on, the Velcro fastening echoing in the cavernous gym. Bobbie nods encouragingly from the side, sipping her water as she watches the two sisters.

"Okay," Janna says, standing up. Let’s start with the basics—stance, footwork, that kind of thing."

Mariana nods, standing tall as Janna instructs her to place her feet shoulder-width apart and bend her knees slightly. The gloves feel awkward initially, but she's used to her hands being her tools, and she quickly adapts.

Leon, watching them, makes some witty remarks about letting ladies into the gym and how it will ruin the vibe. Janna ignores him, focusing on Marianna. "Just remember, keep your chin tucked and your hands up." Marianna nods, trying to mimic Janna's stance.

Janna circles Marianna, checking her posture. "Good, now let's work on some jabs." She demonstrates a quick, straight punch. Marianna tries it tentatively, her arm shooting out with surprising speed. The impact on the punching bag makes her jump back, the power of her strength surprising her.

Leno makes faces and rude comments about Marianna and Janna. Bobbie nudges Janna Did you hear what the smuck Leon just said?"
Janna nodded. "Yeah, I heard. He's all talk. But let's show him some of that piano strength."
Mariana's cheeks flushed with a mix of embarrassment and determination. She took a deep breath and focused on the punching bag in front of her. Janna nodded approvingly, noticing Marianna's fiery gaze.

"Now, let's try a combination," Janna instructed her voice firm but encouraging. "Jab, cross, hook."
Mariana threw the punches in succession, the gloves smacking the bag with an almost musical rhythm. Each hit grew more robust, and soon, she moved around the bag, her feet shuffling with surprising grace.

Leon, getting riled that they are ignoring him, goes in front of Janna and challenges her to a spar. "Let's see if you can keep up with the big boys," he smirks.

Janna raises an eyebrow, but before she can respond, Marianna steps forward, her eyes flashing with something new. "Why don't you try me?" she challenges, her voice steady despite her racing heart.

Leon's smirk falters for a moment before he recovers. He looks Marianna up and down. “Are you sure you want to go up against me?"

Mariana nods, the determination in her eyes unwavering. "I'm sure."

Janna exchanges a surprised look with Bobbie, who grins and shrugs. "You know what? Let's do it," Janna says, stepping aside to let Marianna take her place.

Marianna's heart hammers in her chest as she faces Leon, the smugness on his face only fueling her resolve. The gym goes quiet as the two of them take their positions. Marianna's stance mirrors Janna's, her feet planted firmly on the mat, her eyes locked on Leon's.

Leon shakes his head, his smirk growing. "Alright, pianist, let's see what you've got." He steps forward, feinting a jab, expecting Marianna to flinch. But she doesn't. Instead, she darts to the side, her feet moving swiftly. Indeed, the crowd around them murmurs, and some other fighters pause their training to watch.

Marianna throws a quick jab; the glove smacks against Leon's padded chest. He laughs, the sound echoing through the gym. "Is that all you've got?"

Marianna's smile widens. She throws another jab, followed by a cross, her movements fluid and precise. Leon's laughter dies in his throat as he realizes she's not just playing around. He takes a swing, but Marianna sidesteps with a grace that belies her inexperience.

"Surprised?" Marianna says, her voice light.

Leon's eyes narrow, his smugness replaced by a hint of annoyance. He lunges again, but Marianna is ready, her body moving like it's dancing to an unheard rhythm. She blocks his punch, her forearm sliding under his with the ease of a seasoned fighter.

"You're quick," he admits, sweat forming on his forehead.

Marianna nods, her breaths coming in quick, shallow bursts. "Years of playing fast scales will do that to you."

Leon's annoyance turns to respect as he watches Marianna glide around the mat, her movements calculated and precise. He throws a hook, aiming for her ribs, but she's already anticipated it. She ducks, her ponytail swishing around her face, and counters with a left hook that catches him off guard. The gym erupts in cheers and whistles, the energy shifting as the spectators realize they're witnessing something special.

Janna's eyes widen in amazement as Marianna lands another hit. Her body moves with a grace that seems almost unnatural for someone who's never been in the ring before. Bobbie claps her hands, her smile growing wider with every exchange.

Marianna feels a surge of adrenaline coursing through her veins, her mind sharp and focused. The music inside her isn't just notes anymore; it's the rhythm of her breath, the beat of her heart, the timing of her punches. Each move is a note played perfectly, and Leon is her symphony to compose.

Leon takes a step back, his eyes flickering with something new - respect. He throws a series of jabs, trying to find an opening in Marianna's defense. Marianna sways and blocks, her eyes never leaving his. The crowd's excitement is on its feet, the air thick with anticipation.

Marianna's heart races as she feels the thrill of the fight, something she's never experienced. Her mind and body are in sync, each movement a deliberate note in the crescendo of their impromptu spar. She throws a punch, her arm a blur, and Leon's head snaps back with the impact.

The gym falls silent for a moment before erupting into applause and cheers. Bobbie and Janna are on their feet, staring at Marianna in disbelief. Even Leon can't hide his admiration, a small smile playing on his lips. "Alright, you've got some skills," he concedes, holding up his hands in a gesture of respect.

Marianna pulls off her gloves, her knuckles pink from the exertion. She's breathing hard but feels alive in a way she hasn't in a long time. "Maybe I'll start playing a different kind of instrument," she says, her voice filled with excitement.

Janna's eyes are wide with pride. "I knew you had it in you," she says, her voice hoarse from the cheering. She wraps an arm around Marianna's shoulders. "Welcome to the world of MMA, sis."

Marianna laughs, her chest heaving with exertion. "Thanks for the vote of confidence," she says, a hint of awe in her voice.

Bobbie struts over, her gloves still on. "You've got some serious potential, Marianna. We should train together more often."

Marianna nods, her breath still coming in gasps. "I'd like that."

The three of them spend the rest of the day at the gym, Marianna absorbing the new world around her like a sponge. She learns to throw punches, block, and dodge with a grace that astonishes everyone, including herself. The muscles in her arms and legs burn, but it's a good pain, a reminder that she's pushing herself in ways she never thought possible.

Despite his initial skepticism, Leon becomes an unexpected ally, offering tips and encouragement between rounds. His smirks and jibes are gone, replaced by a genuine respect for Marianna's untapped talent. He introduces her to the gym owner, Mr. Castillo, who watches her spar with a keen eye.

Mr. Castillo, a former fighter with a grizzled face and a heart of gold, nods approvingly. "You've got an instinct for this," he tells Marianna after she catches her breath. Have you ever thought about competing?"

Marianna's eyes widen. "Me? Compete?" The thought had never occurred to her. She was a pianist, not a fighter. But as she looks around the gym, at the sweat-drenched faces and the determination in her sister's eyes, she feels a spark of something new.

Janna nods eagerly. "Why not? You've got the skills, and you love the rush."

Marianna considers the idea, her heart pounding with excitement and fear. “I don’t know,” she says, her voice betraying her nerves. It's so...different from what I'm used to."

Mr. Castillo chuckles, his eyes twinkling. "That's the beauty of it," he says. "But you've got the right attitude. And with your sister's guidance, you could go far."

Marianna can't help but feel the pull of the challenge. She's spent her life mastering the piano, but there's something raw and exhilarating about this new form of expression. She looks over at Janna, watching her with a knowing smile. "Okay," Marianna says, her voice firm. "I'll give it a shot."

Janna claps her on the back. "That's the spirit!"

Marianna takes a deep breath and nods. "But what about my piano recital on Friday?"

Janna laughs. "Don't worry, you'll still have time to practice. Besides, a little bit of this" – she gestures to the gym – "will only make you a better performer."

Marianna nods, feeling the excitement bubble up inside her. She throws a few more punches at the bag, each more powerful than the last. Her mind races with the possibilities: the two worlds of music and combat blending into something unique, all her own.

As the day wears on, Marianna and Janna spar together, their movements a dance of sisterly rivalry and support. Marianna's piano-trained hands fly through the air with surprising precision, landing solid hits that make the air crack with the sound of leather on skin. For her part, Janna is impressed by Marianna's natural talent and the way she's taken to the sport so quickly.

Going to the locker room to shower and then head home, they talked about their future and the upcoming recital Marianna had to give. Janna couldn't help but feel a sense of pride swell in her chest. Her sister, the piano prodigy, had just held her own against one of the gym's most seasoned fighters. Who knew Marianna had such fire in her?
retired and self exploring daring to leave one's comfort zone.