News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Chopped off a finger, don't eat that BBQ sandwich

• 10 Replies

Offline HB

• God Member
Chopped off a finger, don't eat that BBQ sandwich
« on: March 06, 2012, 04:54:10 PM »
Well at the church BBQ on Sunday...it is a regular BBQ we have every year, a fund raiser, an all day event..I was in the kitchen where we chopping up the BBQ  ( it was 3 sandwiches , chips and drink for $8, or a plate w/chips/slaw for the same ), and yes, ended up chopping off a good portion of my left pinky finger.  Suffice to say, there was some commotion around and we had to scrap the shoulder I had been chopping, but, quick minds had the finger stump bound in an apron although in the end it could not be reattached. 

I do feel bad for one of the older ladies who nearly passed out at the sight, my apologies but it wasn't you spraying blood. And I can imagine the church kitchen had not heard such profanity shouted in some time

So even though that finger isn't used for typing, the entire hand is in a surprising amount of pain and my brief was to take it easy for a few days.  For now there's no infection or inflammation aside from the expected so we are monitoring the situation

Offline JohnMoog

• God Member
Re: Chopped off a finger, don't eat that BBQ sandwich
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »
I'll never order burnt ends again.

Offline Lauren

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 06:50:42 PM »
Take care  of yourself  HB,  so  ya gave  the BBQ  the finger did ya   tsk tsk,  so rude.
Life's   a Bitch, and so am I.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 12:56:24 AM »
HB,

I had hoped that ya finger missin' was all just just a bad dream that you were telling us about. But it seems not  :'(
I shall send huggles yer way and hope you have a GR8 recovery  ;D  :-* Maybe I will even dance in a tube top and shorts to send good vibes your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D 
Now reading: "Never Again" by Francis King

Offline HB

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 01:33:13 AM »
HB,

I had hoped that ya finger missin' was all just just a bad dream that you were telling us about. But it seems not  :'(
I shall send huggles yer way and hope you have a GR8 recovery  ;D  :-* Maybe I will even dance in a tube top and shorts to send good vibes your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D  

Ah, thanks for the huggles  - in retrospect.     Tee Hee.   
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:46:18 AM by HB »

Offline samsoni

• kinda big guy 6ft 240lbs now likes mixed wrestling
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 02:22:14 AM »
The last finger catastrophe i heard about was eric von zipper giving himself The Fingerand paralyzing himself .

Offline HB

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 05:45:26 AM »
The last finger catastrophe i heard about was eric von zipper giving himself The Fingerand paralyzing himself .

Favorite Von Zipper quote : "I - I got an army of stupids"

Offline HB

• God Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »
Goodness gracious Aitch Bea, i have no idea who von zipper is/was but i hope for our collective good that YOU do not paralyze yourself while fingering with that unfortunately chopped finger.
Oh my, how difficult it must be to think you have so much more than you really do.

please, please say it ain't so Aitch Bea.
hearts and wishes are with you xxxx

Thank heavens it wasn't my favorite finger. Not to belittle the missing digit but there are a few others which have accomplished more.  In the face of this adversity I do solider on.

However, it seems I may never play the bongos again

Offline A_J 2012

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 03:41:29 PM »
Sorry to hear this!...i hope you're doing alright now.
BTW..need a Lawyer ?  ;)
I'm known as the " One hit wonder", mainly because after i hit you,and you wake up, you'll be wondering what happened to you..

Offline HB

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 03:57:15 PM »
Sorry to hear this!...i hope you're doing alright now.
BTW..need a Lawyer ?  ;)

I'd only be able do sue myself, and I know what I make, so, my legal costs would be more than I'd win from me.

Offline billc

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »
Well at the church BBQ on Sunday...it is a regular BBQ we have every year, a fund raiser, an all day event..I was in the kitchen where we chopping up the BBQ  ( it was 3 sandwiches , chips and drink for $8, or a plate w/chips/slaw for the same ), and yes, ended up chopping off a good portion of my left pinky finger.  Suffice to say, there was some commotion around and we had to scrap the shoulder I had been chopping, but, quick minds had the finger stump bound in an apron although in the end it could not be reattached. 

I do feel bad for one of the older ladies who nearly passed out at the sight, my apologies but it wasn't you spraying blood. And I can imagine the church kitchen had not heard such profanity shouted in some time

So even though that finger isn't used for typing, the entire hand is in a surprising amount of pain and my brief was to take it easy for a few days.  For now there's no infection or inflammation aside from the expected so we are monitoring the situation

Take care my friend! Just i saw it ! :)
the thrill of the competition counts more than the result