News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Chat Room Frustration!

• 5 Replies

Offline MissKitty38DD

Chat Room Frustration!
« on: August 19, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »
Trying to get to the Chat room to play with my friends...why oh why won't it let me!?!
_) Ellis

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Re: Chat Room Frustration!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:49:26 AM »
The chat is based on flash player so if that is not up to date that may also be an issue.
Now reading: "Never Again" by Francis King

Offline marydfights

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:20:26 AM »
heard a number of people mention that the LATEST flash update is a problem and you need to go back to the previous one.

mary xxx
friends are those who stay and wait for an answer after asking how you are.

Offline BigDevil

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:07:55 AM »
It will be looked into.  I do know that chat has been busy this weekend.

pete

Some people have problems getting into or being able to stay in the chat room without flash crashing on them when the room gets 45 or more people. Usually I tell people to update flash player but lately a lot of people have been having problems with the last update. A couple weeks ago someone had problems with the last flash update with chrome. When they downloaded firefox they didn't have the problem. Also I was seaching for a solution for them and most of what I saw said to use the previous version. But it could be a number of things, and like Pete said it will be looked into but until then I'd 1st try downloading the previous version of flash. If that doesn't work I'd try different browser.
Have fun and tussle.

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 09:28:43 AM »
It will be looked into.  I do know that chat has been busy this weekend.

pete

Some people have problems getting into or being able to stay in the chat room without flash crashing on them when the room gets 45 or more people. Usually I tell people to update flash player but lately a lot of people have been having problems with the last update. A couple weeks ago someone had problems with the last flash update with chrome. When they downloaded firefox they didn't have the problem. Also I was seaching for a solution for them and most of what I saw said to use the previous version. But it could be a number of things, and like Pete said it will be looked into but until then I'd 1st try downloading the previous version of flash. If that doesn't work I'd try different browser.

The issue with chrome is that chrome runs its own internal flash player. If you also have one for other browsers on your computer the two can conflict. You may need to hit about:plugins and disable the non chrome one (or any other flash player running) to make it work.
Now reading: "Never Again" by Francis King

Offline Lauren

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 12:35:35 AM »
Thanks to everyone who has responded  with ways of helping  other members.   Thx,  Laur.
Life's   a Bitch, and so am I.