News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

what are your favorite stories it can be novels,short stories,fiction,nonfiction

• 41 Replies

Offline Michelle

• God Member
  • Love working out, I love Stanford, I love NYC!!
Something few people have probably read...
Something few people maybe have heard of....

Patrick O'Brian's...Aubrey and Maturins Series.....otherwise known as the Master and Commander Series....with Cpt Jack Aubrey.  If you saw the movie...Master and Commander - The Far Side of the World....the book series makes it pale in comparison

Nothing wrong with a little adventure in one's life :)
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana, 18th century Spanish philosopher

"We're the Sultans of Swing!!"

"Remember What The Door Mouse Said"

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
Running through a LOT of Dresden files. Playing catch up in the series.

Another fave is the elemental assassin series, by Jennifer Estep. THAT one I am current with, through all 7 books in paperback.

Storm

Offline Smokey

Another fave is the elemental assassin series, by Jennifer Estep. THAT one I am current with, through all 7 books in paperback.

Storm

Which of the Dresden stories are you on right now?

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member

Storm

Smokey give you a hint, if your reading them as well ...  One just finished.. had him riding a dinosaur while fighting zombies!!  Oh and YES already like 70 pages into the next one ... while that still fresh in mind.

WORTH mentioning again .. not sure have done it this thread.
Kim Harrison .. The Hollows series.. very fun and enjoyable. First book of series.. think/ titled Dead Witch Walking.
9 books in series in paperback. Have all mine signed by author... book 10 now in hardcover.

Storm

Offline Smokey

Storm

Smokey give you a hint, if your reading them as well ...  One just finished.. had him riding a dinosaur while fighting zombies!!  Oh and YES already like 70 pages into the next one ... while that still fresh in mind.

WORTH mentioning again .. not sure have done it this thread.
Kim Harrison .. The Hollows series.. very fun and enjoyable. First book of series.. think/ titled Dead Witch Walking.
9 books in series in paperback. Have all mine signed by author... book 10 now in hardcover.

Storm

Man, I love Dead Beat. Polka will never die.

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
Yep seems Smokey knows Dresden files ...

I am part way into  Proven Guilty .......  After that. Will probably take a break.. read something else. Before going into the next volume.

Storm

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
  • the one who outshines all of you skanks
animal farm  ..one of my favorites
the prez tramp

Offline Smokey

Been reading the last two Clancy books, Dead or Alive and Against All Enemies. Still not done with the second, but they just don't seem to have the same spark that Rainbow Six and Debt of Honor had. Maybe my opinion will change once I'm through.

Offline Smokey

Does my heart good to see all the Dresden Files love.   I just finished Cold Days myself. Easily on of the more entertaining series being written today

Damn straight. I can't wait 'til Skin Game comes out.

Offline Smokey

Is that the next one?  I can't wait.

I tried his fantasy series, but while it wasn't too bad, it just didn't capture me like Dresden Files did

Yep, I think it comes out around holiday season this year.

Fantasy is my original forte, so I really dug the Codex Alera series. I'm also looking forward to the new steampunk series he's working on.

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
Dresden   kept steamrolling through... made it to, and through white knight... Should have next 2 by end of this weekend ...

Some other Urban Fantasy to check into ...
Kim Harrison  Hollows series ...  This lured me in, with the covers and the tongue in cheek use, of Clint Eastwood movie titles, for series novel titles.  After the usual time to establish the different universe. Have been running fast and furious.. with lots of great humor at times as well.

Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series ... Nice twists on the normal supernatural characters.

Kelly Meding TWO series.. Urban Fantasy ..  Three Days to dead .. first book in a enjoyable series..
ALSO she has started a series, kind of like superhero characters ... First book titled  Trance.

Jennifer Estep  Elemental Assassin series ... 7 books out.. and looking forward to more.

Kat Richardson ..  Greywalker series ... Some very different, and unique ideas here.. using some actual locations, with twists on local or historical legends.

Had these listed before.. but that thread got dropped...

Storm

Offline Smokey

My favorite urban fantasy author next to Jim Butcher has to be Simon R. Green. Between the Nightside series and the Secret Histories, he does some great work.

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
always liked  "little women" by louisa may alcott
the prez tramp

Offline lexibabe

• God Member
Anything from Stephen King.My favorite of his would have to be "IT".Great read.
[/quote

i'm a huge king fan.
reading  "from a buick8  now.
the prez tramp

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
Ok .. VERY close to caught up.. Dresden Files.. now through Ghost Story ....

BACK into Jennifer Estep's Elemental assassin series ...  book 8 .. Deadly Sting!!

Storm