News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Yahoo Sucks

• 45 Replies

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
Yahoo Sucks
« on: August 28, 2013, 11:00:13 PM »
Not sure where to put this. Mods, I apologize in advance.

The last couple of weeks I've had all kinds of issues with Yahoo. First, they moved me to this new "neo" format for groups that messed all kinds of things up. It was so bad that the links they had had too many // in it. That's just horrible, horrible coding and to put it out there for people without warning? Sheesh.

Now today it seems that when I go to check my mail I automatically log in to messenger. I've even logged into messenger when I haven't been near the computer. I don't know if it's their bad coding or if I've been hacked. I apologize to anyone I may have sent spam to. I changed my password so that shouldn't happen again. I hope.

The sad thing is, Yahoo is still the best when it comes to the cyberfighting community that I've seen. Ugh.

Sorry, needed to rant.

Now back to your regularly scheduled mayhem.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Wrestlerjunkee

Re: Yahoo Sucks
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 12:41:08 AM »
Not sure where to put this. Mods, I apologize in advance.

The last couple of weeks I've had all kinds of issues with Yahoo. First, they moved me to this new "neo" format for groups that messed all kinds of things up. It was so bad that the links they had had too many // in it. That's just horrible, horrible coding and to put it out there for people without warning? Sheesh.

Now today it seems that when I go to check my mail I automatically log in to messenger. I've even logged into messenger when I haven't been near the computer. I don't know if it's their bad coding or if I've been hacked. I apologize to anyone I may have sent spam to. I changed my password so that shouldn't happen again. I hope.

The sad thing is, Yahoo is still the best when it comes to the cyberfighting community that I've seen. Ugh.

Sorry, needed to rant.

Now back to your regularly scheduled mayhem.

Yahell at its best!

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »
Yeah, really bad coding. have you noticed that they do a SQL injection check on incoming text, but then forget to switch back from ASCII code to the ' lately? Sloppy, sloppy work. If they had announced this and said it was a beta test, that'd be one thing. But this just happened with no warning.

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »
Yeah, really bad coding. have you noticed that they do a SQL injection check on incoming text, but then forget to switch back from ASCII code to the ' lately? Sloppy, sloppy work. If they had announced this and said it was a beta test, that'd be one thing. But this just happened with no warning.

Maybe the new CEO should employee better programmers and not ship this stuff overseas. Bad programmers, bad!

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 06:21:08 PM »
I agree. Who owns Yahoo now? I'll write him a stern letter.

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 06:32:57 PM »
I agree. Who owns Yahoo now? I'll write him a stern letter.

Some lady now is the CEO. Who you need to write to is the CTO.

Offline Michelle

• God Member
  • Love working out, I love Stanford, I love NYC!!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 10:36:30 AM »
Marissa Meyer is the CEO....

A fellow Stanford alum...

Who I think is awesome......she'll be all over this.....trust me :)
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana, 18th century Spanish philosopher

"We're the Sultans of Swing!!"

"Remember What The Door Mouse Said"

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »
Bullshit!

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 02:45:02 AM »
On a brighter note the fearful leader of yahoo is afraid of warrants from Fisca.

Offline Michelle

• God Member
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 11:12:54 PM »
I'll put Marissa Mayer up against anyone.....anyone who knows her record knows what she can and will do

Previously, she was a long-time executive and key spokesperson for Google.  Mayer was ranked number 14 on the list of America's most powerful businesswomen of 2012 by Fortune magazine.

Mayer graduated with honors from Stanford University with a B.S. in symbolic systems and an M.S. in computer science. For both degrees, her specialization was in artificial intelligence. In 2009, the Illinois Institute of Technology granted Mayer an honoris causa doctorate degree in recognition of her work in the field of search.

Mayer joined Google in 1999 as employee number 20 and was the company's first female engineer.
During her 13 years with the company, she was an engineer, designer, product manager and executive. Mayer held key roles in Google Search, Google Images, Google News, Google Maps, Google Books, Google Product Search, Google Toolbar, iGoogle and Gmail. She also oversaw the layout of Google's well-known, unadorned search homepage

On May 20, 2013, Mayer led Yahoo to acquire Tumblr in a 1.1 billion dollar acquisition.
In 2013, Mayer ranked 32 in the Forbes Magazine's List of The World's 100 Most Powerful Women.

Yeah....I think she'll get it done :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:20:44 PM by Michelle »
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana, 18th century Spanish philosopher

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 01:45:01 AM »
I know when I first posted this lots of people looked at me like I had two heads or something. Now that this NEO format has become more widespread, what do others think?

Offline Michelle

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 02:12:24 AM »
I've always looked at you like you have two heads :P

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 03:28:28 AM »
I know when I first posted this lots of people looked at me like I had two heads or something. Now that this NEO format has become more widespread, what do others think?

Well being included without being asked is bad form. And from what I read there is not a way to go back...

Offline hiedi

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 04:18:34 AM »
Totally agree!!!!!!!  I dont know if someone has too much time on their hands or what. Funny, the groups in the foreign Yahoos - UK, Brazil, etc dont seemed to have changed.

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 04:26:55 AM »
I am just glad I have not yet been chosen!