News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Yahoo Sucks

• 45 Replies

Offline hiedi

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Yahoo Sucks
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 07:55:10 AM »
I hope she gets on top of the problem, Michelle. The groups, Flicker and the Sports page are a mess, not nearly as easy to navigate and view as they are a mess.

Offline Jonica

• God Member
  • Verified Smartass
    • A Dark And Frightening World
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 03:39:29 PM »
Bad (Bad) Blood (Blood)
The bitch is in her smile.
The lie is on her lips,
Such an evil child.

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 08:10:59 PM »
Yahoo Sucks

NEO swallows.....

:D

No wonder he looks so pissed off in those movie posters.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 11:56:36 PM »
I haven't been online much the past few weeks, just to check yahoo mail and such. Well while I'm on my account today, I get failure delivery notices. Someone's sending spam e-mails from my account. I know it's all from yahoo's side because I just did a fresh upgrade and cleaning on this computer. Dammit Yahoo! I changed my password and hopefully that'll be the end of it.

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Michelle

• God Member
  • Love working out, I love Stanford, I love NYC!!
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 12:13:13 AM »
As Marissa Mayer serves on a Stanford Alumni committee with me and we converse at times.....I have sent Marissa several emails recently outlining what I have heard on here and from others I work with and friends.......again, all who have issues with Yahoo service....

She's usually responsive and while I don't expect miracles I'm still going to try....I use Yahoo a lot my self....
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana, 18th century Spanish philosopher

"We're the Sultans of Swing!!"

"Remember What The Door Mouse Said"

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 12:18:04 AM »
I haven't been online much the past few weeks, just to check yahoo mail and such. Well while I'm on my account today, I get failure delivery notices. Someone's sending spam e-mails from my account. I know it's all from yahoo's side because I just did a fresh upgrade and cleaning on this computer. Dammit Yahoo! I changed my password and hopefully that'll be the end of it.

Gee Red, I doubt most people here could tell the difference form your regular emails and the "spam" emails!

All kidding aside, that blows!  I recently to change my password for yahoo again, and it did have special characters, lower/uppercase letters and was not a phrase.  Either the vulnerability is back where you do a basic injection attack to reset the password via email code OR it is one hell of a brute force attack, but they should have better safe guards in place. 

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 12:20:52 AM »
As Marissa Mayer serves on a Stanford Alumni committee with me and we converse at times.....I have sent Marissa several emails recently outlining what I have heard on here and from others I work with and friends.......again, all who have issues with Yahoo service....

She's usually responsive and while I don't expect miracles I'm still going to try....I use Yahoo a lot my self....

Please deliver this message to her:

Dear Marissa,

Your new yahoo makeover sucks!  Hire more competent programmers.

Best Wishes,

One pissed off systems administrator!

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 12:21:22 AM »

Gee Red, I doubt most people here could tell the difference form your regular emails and the "spam" emails!

All kidding aside, that blows!  I recently to change my password for yahoo again, and it did have special characters, lower/uppercase letters and was not a phrase.  Either the vulnerability is back where you do a basic injection attack to reset the password via email code OR it is one hell of a brute force attack, but they should have better safe guards in place. 

Honestly, from what sense I could make of the code, it looke like they are getting in and grabbing my contact list. It could be from a Yahoo satellite site like Flickr where they are coming in and hacking.

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 12:25:08 AM »

Honestly, from what sense I could make of the code, it looke like they are getting in and grabbing my contact list. It could be from a Yahoo satellite site like Flickr where they are coming in and hacking.

You know that raises a point, you have all of these companies buying out others, through legitimate means, but with social media sites "interacting" with each other, I would really like to see the security interaction.

Offline floon

• God Member
  • I love catfights!
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 03:21:43 AM »
I see what they are trying to do.  They want the photo section to be like Tumblr, which I find to be an annoyance.  If you open up a photo from the page and don't send it to
a different tab, when you go back it takes you back to the top of the photo page.  VERY POOR DESIGN.

>:(

Wrestlerjunkee

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 04:37:08 PM »
I wonder if they will ever fix the problems ?

Just as soon as the ObamaCare websites are fixed......which will be the year 2020.

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 09:03:13 PM »
The new mail interface and messenger chat that goes with it is very buggy.

Offline KhanDoShijt Sensei

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 04:02:35 PM »
Maybe Marissa is the top of the top....but Yahoo is her Achilles heel.

I have given up using Yahoo Groups. Gods how horrible it is...cant stand it.
watch my super powers...KIIIAIII

Offline GoldenGirl

• God Member
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 05:30:44 PM »
Why, oh WHY they dropped Yahoo 360, I shall never know.

For me, it was the PERFECT system. Since then, every subsequent change has been claimed to be "an improvement", and has been accompanied by fanfares of trumpets.

Improvements?? The experiences of my friends and me all say the opposite!!

GG