News:

COMMERCIAL SITES: Please note - if WANT A BANNER LINK? displayed on this site, please contact FEMMEFIGHT

Ronda Roussy vs. Miesha Tate

• 30 Replies

Offline krizanti

• I love catfights!
Ronda Roussy vs. Miesha Tate
« on: December 29, 2013, 09:07:18 PM »
Once one of the popular topics on this kind of message boards used to be "If/when will women's wrestling/fighting become mainstream". Nowadays it is not only mainstream but also the fastest growing and arguably the most popular sport. The president of UFC Dana White said “When the women fight (on TUF), they’re outrating the men by 44-percent, never in a million years did I think it would take off the way it has.”

IMHO, last night in Vegas 2 athletic and very good looking women Ronda Roussy and Miesha Tate wrote their names with golden letters in the history of female fighting. Interestingly enough, there is no mention of this super fight and fighters on this board. I think, perhaps it lost its appeal in this community once it became mainstream and no longer a taboo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:12:16 AM by BigDevil- »

Offline cffightfan

• God Member
Re: Ronda Roussy vs. Miesha Tate
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 01:07:52 AM »
in the post fight press conference Rhonda did talk about having balls
all over her house. then white had to jump in. 

it was great to see each took 75k bonus for fight of the night, Rhonda
another 75k for submission. 

if they would leave their hair down and allow hair pulling, it would have
scored points on this board possibly. 

good exposure though either way.   

Offline DJP60

• God Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 03:38:36 AM »
the women out rated the mens fights by 44 percent, Dana I could have told u that would happen, IMHO
great fight too.
I have an interest in female
hooligans fights too as well as Russian girl gang fights!!
i also pay entertainers to fight 1 another and i get photos of them here in Las Vegas Nv Sabrina is now 6-1 Yes i pay strippers to fight each other for $$.

Offline krizanti

• I love catfights!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 04:47:54 AM »
Ronda's next opponent is Sara Mc Mann at UFC 170 on Feb 22nd.  She is the first American woman in history to receive a silver medal in Olympic wrestling, which she won at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. I actually saw her wrestle live at freestyle nationals in Vegas about 8 years ago…she seemed to be unstoppable. Also with a record of 7 wins and no losses in MMA, she is a great opponent for Ronda. I'm not sure if Sara can avoid Ronda's arm bar submission but am pretty sure she won't be thrown around like a rag doll (like Miesha Tate was). One thing is sure that it will be another fantastic bout. I can't wait to see the fight between these great Olympic medalists..bronze in Judo vs silver in freestyle!

Online Godsmack

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 01:33:12 AM »
The arm bar submission is boring. The takedowns were great.

Offline CoffeeMug

• God Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 01:55:55 AM »
For me, it's not a matter of being mainstream or not, it's a matter of what I find erotic.  I did find the rivalry between the two of them (I watched a good portion of this season's TUF, and in the past I was an avid follower of UFC/MMA but not much any more) intriguing, but I don't find fights that can be expected to involve broken noses, shut eyes, or (their first fight) a hyper-extended elbow and a broken arm to be erotic.  Not my thing, regardless of its popularity.  Even the risk of an injury like Silva's last night (and it's always a risk) is enough to shut down any sexual interest in my part.

As for purely athletic/sporting interest, what I've seen of the UFC's women so far has me at 'meh.'  I think they have several years to go before they fill the talent pool for the women.  I watched the first Rousey/Tate fight online not long ago, and Tate has no business being in a title match.  She's not good enough.  (Having said that, I absolutely think that when they do fill the talent pool for the women, they should be watched/discussed/etc. just as much as the men.)

Offline cffightfan

• God Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 04:27:16 AM »
ufc should take note of this weigh-in.  felice along with some
other outstanding talent has been signed with ufc now, bought from invicta.
if they would just let the women be women, then they will have
some outstanding fights. they have some incredible women coming
along. they let Gina Carono get away. Felice should make wardrobe for the ufc.
she makes her own outfits.

http://youtu.be/WdcQQFDDkUI

cat and carina,
who has the best ass? I say that with huge respect
for their skills and amazing asses of steel. damn!  
http://youtu.be/C823qI3wR2I
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 04:29:59 AM by cffightfan »

Offline krizanti

• I love catfights!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 04:31:14 AM »
For me, it's not a matter of being mainstream or not, it's a matter of what I find erotic.  I did find the rivalry between the two of them (I watched a good portion of this season's TUF, and in the past I was an avid follower of UFC/MMA but not much any more) intriguing, but I don't find fights that can be expected to involve broken noses, shut eyes, or (their first fight) a hyper-extended elbow and a broken arm to be erotic.  Not my thing, regardless of its popularity.  Even the risk of an injury like Silva's last night (and it's always a risk) is enough to shut down any sexual interest in my part.

As for purely athletic/sporting interest, what I've seen of the UFC's women so far has me at 'meh.'  I think they have several years to go before they fill the talent pool for the women.  I watched the first Rousey/Tate fight online not long ago, and Tate has no business being in a title match.  She's not good enough.  (Having said that, I absolutely think that when they do fill the talent pool for the women, they should be watched/discussed/etc. just as much as the men.)

I also hate to see broken noses, bones, shut eyes etc. and certainly there is nothing erotic about them but unfortunately in any contact sport injuries sometimes do happen. What really amazes me is; while we don't even have the heart just to see those injuries happen, these warrior women have the heart to take the risk of being injured and their pretty faces messed up.

I agree that female MMA is in its infancy and will take time to fill the talent pool. I've been following the UFC since the UFC 1 and it's taken 20 years for the male fighters to advance up to this level…and still progressing.

Ronda is just too good for Tate…keep in mind that Ronda is the only woman ranked 11 pound for pound UFC fighter regardless of gender. As you may know, Ronda was originally scheduled to fight Cat Zingano who is a better fighter than Tate, but because of an injury she couldn't do it. Dana must have thought Tate would be a good ticket seller because of the rivalry between the two. IMO, currently the only woman who may be able to beat Ronda is Chris Cyborg.

Offline CoffeeMug

• God Member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 05:00:19 AM »
ufc should take note of this weigh-in.  felice along with some
other outstanding talent has been signed with ufc now, bought from invicta.
if they would just let the women be women, then they will have
some outstanding fights. they have some incredible women coming
along. they let Gina Carono get away. Felice should make wardrobe for the ufc.
she makes her own outfits.

http://youtu.be/WdcQQFDDkUI

Now women's mma weigh-ins, I could get into!  That was pretty hot.

Ronda is just too good for Tate…keep in mind that Ronda is the only woman ranked 11 pound for pound UFC fighter regardless of gender. As you may know, Ronda was originally scheduled to fight Cat Zingano who is a better fighter than Tate, but because of an injury she couldn't do it. Dana must have thought Tate would be a good ticket seller because of the rivalry between the two. IMO, currently the only woman who may be able to beat Ronda is Chris Cyborg.

I would be stunned if Cyborg could pass a drug test.  Given how quickly she's fighting again, it seems like Dana has decided to get everything he can from Rousey while she's still under contract.

I watched the Cat-Tate fight (online? on TUF?), and Tate was clearly outclassed.  And as you probably know, injuries are rampant in MMA training, a big reason why building up that talent pool is so important if they want to get women's divisions really going.

Offline krizanti

• I love catfights!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 06:32:12 AM »

I would be stunned if Cyborg could pass a drug test.  Given how quickly she's fighting again, it seems like Dana has decided to get everything he can from Rousey while she's still under contract.

I watched the Cat-Tate fight (online? on TUF?), and Tate was clearly outclassed.  And as you probably know, injuries are rampant in MMA training, a big reason why building up that talent pool is so important if they want to get women's divisions really going.

I hope Cyborg got her lesson after being fined $2,500 and having her license suspended for one year. She is naturally a very tough and strong fighter.

I believe the reason why Dana lined up another fight for Ronda in 2 months is because stars who would make main events and sell tickets like GSP, Silva etc. are out. I looked at the next 8 upcoming UFC events and did not see any exciting match ups for the main events. In fact, the main event for the UFC 170 originally was Rashad Evans vs. Cormier…now the main event is Roussy vs Mc Mann. He knows that it will sell more tickets. I don't think he is concerned about her contract expiring. Where else would she go? Invicta FC? I don't think they can afford to pay her $150,000 for a fight. Anyway, chances are they will be bought out by Zuffa LLC if they get any bigger just like Pride and Strikeforce and then phased out. When Ronda won the silver medal in 2008 she was only given $2,000. Both Dana and Roussy are in this for the money…it's a win-win situation for both.

Offline sinclairfan

• God Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 12:28:57 PM »
kirizanti-Not sure why you didn't see it discussed on this board:  it was, and by Homewrecker, one of the hottest and most engaged members of this board.  (And who would love to fight Miesha IRL, I bet.)

Having said that, the frequent last-minute cancellations in WMMA, due to a combination of training injuries and, even worse, girls not making weight, is a super-major buzzkill.  This just happened in the Carla Esparza title fight 3 weeks ago--her opponent showed up 10+ pounds too heavy.  Sorry, major turnoff.  And unprofessional.

A lot of the guard holds are also super un-sexy.  I myself will take 2 untrained women wailing away over holding someone's waist with your knees for 15 minutes anyday.

Offline rozczochrany

• God Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »
For me, it's not a matter of being mainstream or not, it's a matter of what I find erotic.  I did find the rivalry between the two of them (I watched a good portion of this season's TUF, and in the past I was an avid follower of UFC/MMA but not much any more) intriguing, but I don't find fights that can be expected to involve broken noses, shut eyes, or (their first fight) a hyper-extended elbow and a broken arm to be erotic.  Not my thing, regardless of its popularity.  Even the risk of an injury like Silva's last night (and it's always a risk) is enough to shut down any sexual interest in my part.

As for purely athletic/sporting interest, what I've seen of the UFC's women so far has me at 'meh.'  I think they have several years to go before they fill the talent pool for the women.  I watched the first Rousey/Tate fight online not long ago, and Tate has no business being in a title match.  She's not good enough.  (Having said that, I absolutely think that when they do fill the talent pool for the women, they should be watched/discussed/etc. just as much as the men.)

I also hate to see broken noses, bones, shut eyes etc. and certainly there is nothing erotic about them but unfortunately in any contact sport injuries sometimes do happen. What really amazes me is; while we don't even have the heart just to see those injuries happen, these warrior women have the heart to take the risk of being injured and their pretty faces messed up.

I agree that female MMA is in its infancy and will take time to fill the talent pool. I've been following the UFC since the UFC 1 and it's taken 20 years for the male fighters to advance up to this level…and still progressing.

Ronda Rousey vs Chris Cyborg - It would be that epic struggle and the celebration of women's MMA. Skills and strength of both of these women ...  ;D ehh! ...  As a fan of MMA I hope that soon comes to this fight. Sara McMann  will certainly be the greatest challenge for Ronda MMA career to date. But I vote for Ronda.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:43:39 PM by rozczochrany »
I live, I burn with life, I make love, I kill and be satisfied. Thereon world, folks fights and suffers, to be free, feeling short whiles of joy only in madness of battle.

Offline krizanti

• I love catfights!
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 01:54:05 PM »
kirizanti-Not sure why you didn't see it discussed on this board:  it was, and by Homewrecker, one of the hottest and most engaged members of this board.  (And who would love to fight Miesha IRL, I bet.)

Having said that, the frequent last-minute cancellations in WMMA, due to a combination of training injuries and, even worse, girls not making weight, is a super-major buzzkill.  This just happened in the Carla Esparza title fight 3 weeks ago--her opponent showed up 10+ pounds too heavy.  Sorry, major turnoff.  And unprofessional.

A lot of the guard holds are also super un-sexy.  I myself will take 2 untrained women wailing away over holding someone's waist with your knees for 15 minutes anyday.

I didn't see it because I never visit Celebrity Fights section of the board as I have zero interest in fantasy topics like "who would love to fight Miesha", "if Paris Hilton could beat up Kim Kardashian" etc. IOW, I have no interest in match ups that will never happen in a million years. We all have our own turn ons and turn offs. Yes, Carla Esparza at the last Invicta FC couldn't fight because her opponent couldn't make the weight but it didn't stop me from enjoying the rest of the tournament. Also, it is extremely uncommon to see 2 WMMA participants in guard for 15 minutes...as a matter of fact, I personally have never seen that happen.

Well, nothing in life is made or expected to be liked by everyone. If it's not your cup of tea, no one can argue with that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 02:01:10 PM by krizanti »

Offline DogWithABone

• God Member
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 02:15:15 AM »
I didn't see it because I never visit Celebrity Fights section of the board as I have zero interest in fantasy topics like "who would love to fight Miesha", "if Paris Hilton could beat up Kim Kardashian" etc. IOW, I have no interest in match ups that will never happen in a million years.

Still doesn't excuse starting a topic on something that literally was discussed here leading up to the fight.  A simple search would have been enough to not start a redundant, unnecessary thread
RIP the account of Sophie Cees.

Offline krizanti

• I love catfights!
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 04:44:14 AM »
I didn't see it because I never visit Celebrity Fights section of the board as I have zero interest in fantasy topics like "who would love to fight Miesha", "if Paris Hilton could beat up Kim Kardashian" etc. IOW, I have no interest in match ups that will never happen in a million years.

Still doesn't excuse starting a topic on something that literally was discussed here leading up to the fight.  A simple search would have been enough to not start a redundant, unnecessary thread

If the moderators think this thread is redundant, unnecessary as well, they are welcome to remove it.

Happy New Year!