News:

@Freecatfights: Please follow us on Twitter for news and updates in the event of site outages.

Take it to the mat .. All things pro wrestling! Would you catfight a Diva?

• 298 Replies

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
What's Matt Sydal doing in the Impact Zone, Taz!?

Hopefully something involving getting high that is legal!

The Impact Zone doesn't have rules for Wellness Violations.  That's why Jeff "Wisps of Meth Smoke" Hardy and the shambling robotic drug-soaked corpse of Kurt Angle can compete there.  WHERE THE BIG BOYS PLAY.

True, but I like Matt better when he's in the ring getting high.  The X division could get so much better just having him there.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
Best unused tag team name (to my knowledge):

The Personal Demons. They would have to specialize on turning on managers (who used to claim ownership of them )
Now reading: "Never Again" by Francis King

Offline Smokey

I didn't catch the psychic prediction's of Eddie's death.

I DID catch today's list of Future Endeavors:

Jinder Mahal
Drew McIntyre
Teddy Long
Brodus Clay
Curt Hawkins
Aksana
Yoshi Tatsu
Evan Bourne
JTG

Of those, I'm surprised that they dismantled the 3 Man Band - even counting Hornswoggle with Heath, they're gonna need to pick up someone new just to keep the name. Maybe Zack Ryder.  Drew was a huge waste of talent - I LOVED his early run as the Chosen One, and I fucking LOVED his Future Shock DDT.  His career got torpedoed because he wouldn't hit his crazy girlfriend back when she jumped him.  That's what being a gentleman gets you.  Pinned by a midget dressed as a bull and then fired.

Brodus is disappointing - I was liking his heel character starting to develop in NXT.  The rest aren't surprising at all.  I didn't know Evan was still employed and I think JTG only avoided being fired by hiding in boxes constantly.  Maybe that box John slammed Bray into was JTG's hiding spot. 

Jinder Mahal: I liked the 3 Man Band, but Jinder never made sense in it.  They should have had Ryder, or Curt Hawkins
Drew McIntyre - he was a bad ass when he first joined going down to jobbing to midgets dressed like bulls as Punky said

Teddy Long: where has he been anyway?

Brodus Clay: his career went to shit soon as he became a dancing hippo, which is what he looked like.  This guy could have been a great monster heel the way they were first advertising him in WWE before they stopped the advertising and later brought him in as a dancing hippo.  What about Prince Albert?  I haven't seen him in a while either since pretty much Brodus and him broke up.

Curt Hawkins:  I didn't know he was still around

Aksana:  Kind of a useless wrestler now.  She would have made more sense to introduce Rusev than Lana, who's real name is CJ Perry from Florida with a phoney Russian accent.  I understand she lived there when she was really young briefly because her parents were missionaries or something.  I don't know how many times she has broken character and nearly burst out in laughter when fans chant USA after she talks about how great Putin is.  Aksana at least I could believe as a real Russian, even though she is from Lithuania or one of the former Soviet states.

Yoshi Tatsu:  Good riddance

Evan Bourne:  He was still around?  I haven't seen him since 2010

JTG:  Again, he was still around?

Albert/Tensai does commentary on NXT under his real name now. He's actually pretty good at it.

Bourne was initially suspended for synthetic marijuana, but he's been out for forever with a massive leg injury. He only recently recovered enough to get back in the ring.

Offline Callista

• God Member
Here's trivia. What do the following three theme songs have in common?

CM Punk: This Fire Burns
Kurt Angle: Medal
The Funkadactyls: Somebody Call My Momma

Offline Callista

• God Member
Also, Albertensai's real name is Matt Bloom. He does commentary under the name Jason Albert cuz WWE.

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
Here's trivia. What do the following three theme songs have in common?

CM Punk: This Fire Burns
Kurt Angle: Medal
The Funkadactyls: Somebody Call My Momma

Taking a stab at it, weren't they originally made for other people?
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Sinful Senorita Carmen

• God Member
  • The Metal Latina!
I can't see any similarities in the music.

This Fire Burns is by a band called Killswitch Engage and I don't think it was written for any wrestler and I assume CM Punk had to get special licensing rights to use it just like he is for Living Color's Cult of Personality he used more recently.  Cult of Personality is a song that is 25 years old, I remember that from grade school, uggh just gave away my age.  :D

That's a side trivia question though - what do Cult of Personality and This Fire Burns have in common besides both being hard rock/metal?

From what I remember CM Punk was using This Fire Burns before Killswitch Engage officially released their album "As Daylight Dies".  I went to wiki Killswitch Engage and found this so Red might be right:

"On May 23, 2006, the song "This Fire Burns" was released on the WWE Wreckless Intent album.[18] The track was intended to be the new theme song for WWE wrestler Randy Orton; however, it was scrapped and later became the theme song for the WWE Judgment Day 2006 pay-per-view. "This Fire Burns" is formerly used as the entrance theme for WWE wrestler CM Punk (along with his stables the Straight Edge Society and The New Nexus) from 2006 until 2011 and was later re-released as "This Fire" on the As Daylight Dies Special Edition.[19]"
the greatest metal loving wrestler of all time

Offline Callista

• God Member
Red's right. Angle's music originally belonged to The Patriot, Somebody Call My Momma has been used by several performers, the first was Ernest "the Cat" Miller, and This Fire Burns was originally going to be Orton's, but Orton didn't like it, so they gave it to Punk instead.

Offline Sinful Senorita Carmen

• God Member
  • The Metal Latina!
This Fire Burns was originally going to be Orton's, but Orton didn't like it, so they gave it to Punk instead.

you just gave me another reason to hate Orton
the greatest metal loving wrestler of all time

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
  • I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.
I'm almost 90% sure that Mark Henry used "Medal" in 1996 before the Patriot debuted, and then it got recycled onto the Patriot and Kurt Angle.  He came in with that crazy All American Fat Albert outfit and they were really pushing his power-lifting career.

Actually, his match against Jerry Lawler at In Your House was one of the best-worked matches I saw Henry do until his revolutionary later heel turn and excellent run with the belt as the Silverback.
"What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting."
- Frank Herbert

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
NutMeg .... Like your idea for a tag team ....  Add to turning on their managers.. They could have the trait. Of maybe knowing, and exploiting. The other teams weakness or personal tag demons, against them for wins.
Maybe in-rivalry between other team. Used as a divide and conquer tactic.

TAG teams in mind ... Successful as Bo and Blake the Beverly brothers.
Before they became this prissy acting duo ....   They had a more rugged look and sounding team name. Who where they before becoming the beverly brothers??
Hint it was a different wrestling company ...

Storm

Hmmmm Impact zone .... no rules for substance use.. NO wonder Scott Hall, was able to stagger in and out so often there!!  He he he

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
NutMeg .... Like your idea for a tag team ....  Add to turning on their managers.. They could have the trait. Of maybe knowing, and exploiting. The other teams weakness or personal tag demons, against them for wins.
Maybe in-rivalry betweeni other team. Used as a divide and conquer tactic.

TAG teams in mind ... Successful as Bo and Blake the Beverly brothers.
Before they became this prissy acting duo ....   They had a more rugged look and sounding team name. Who where they before becoming the beverly brothers??
Hint it was a different wrestling company ...

Storm

Hmmmm Impact zone .... no rules for substance use.. NO wonder Scott Hall, was able to stagger in and out so often there!!  He he he

The destruction crew back in the AWA and yes they were much better there.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:17:05 AM by nutmeg78 »
Now reading: "Never Again" by Francis King

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
WELL DONE MEG !!!

Happened to have a name pop into the mind, while setting something else up .... See how many remember this... Think he was wcw ... Maybe Colonel Parkers stable..
Bunkhouse Buck ... 

Anyone remember colonel parker... and some of the wrestlers he had been manager for??

Storm

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
  • I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.
Who doesn't remember the Colonel and the Stud Stable? :P

Bunkhouse Buck, Meng, Dick Slater, Terry Funk and Arn F'n Anderson.

The stable most likely to legitimately kick the shit out of you.

Before that he managed the Masters of the Powerbomb, I remember, and before THAT he was in one of Cactus Jack's previous federations and managed him, if I remember my Foley biographies correctly.

I think after the weird angle with Sherri and Harlem Heat he just managed the Amazing French Canadians (poor Quebecers) and then had a cup of coffee as Jeff Jarrett's manager in the WWF before he disappeared back to the South.
"What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting."
- Frank Herbert

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
Who doesn't remember the Colonel and the Stud Stable? :P

Bunkhouse Buck, Meng, Dick Slater, Terry Funk and Arn F'n Anderson.

The stable most likely to legitimately kick the shit out of you.

Before that he managed the Masters of the Powerbomb, I remember, and before THAT he was in one of Cactus Jack's previous federations and managed him, if I remember my Foley biographies correctly.

I think after the weird angle with Sherri and Harlem Heat he just managed the Amazing French Canadians (poor Quebecers) and then had a cup of coffee as Jeff Jarrett's manager in the WWF before he disappeared back to the South.

Have to admit the whole Sister Sherri, colonel parker team for Harlem Heat. Seemed like we need to use these characters, but where?
A very weird grouping there..
MASTERS of the power bomb .....  Was that Vader and Vicious?? Think they would fit that time era.

Think one of the more impressive feats of strength seen.. Was back in the day.. British Bulldog had Vader up in a standing suplex. Just seemed to hold the big man up forever. Before finally taking him over.

That and the bringing Big show backwards off corner turnbuckle, collapsing the ring, more modern. Think that was Lesner or Cena.

OK ....  try this on for size ....  Who was known as the man with the hands of stone??

Storm