News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Take it to the mat .. All things pro wrestling! Would you catfight a Diva?

• 298 Replies

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
Re: Take it to the mat .. All things pro wrestling! Would you catfight a Diva?
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2014, 06:12:09 AM »
I'm really hoping Night of Champions is either Cena giving in to the dark side or getting ragdolled again. After SummerSlam, I can't see Super Cena in Brock's league any more. Well unless Super Cena somehow goes Super Saiyan Cena.

That was one of the most boring championship matches...ever...ever!! cant stand lesner

Sorry vixen I agree with Kell here.. They ALREADY did this with Lesner years ago, his first stint. Beating up on one legged Zack Gowan .. Being the rage beast that just likes hurting people ... no matter who it is.. Like they are simply trying to put things back. To how they were before he left to become a pro football player .... Whooops that did not work.
Very athletic yet he is still a one trick pony.. Not someone you can keep the company running on ....  does not do very well the speaking segments either ... BORING .......  Give it a few more months, maybe he will go to start his career in extreme water polo. Saving the wrestling world his bullshit.
They either need to reinvent him or dump him ... like he dumped wrestling in general.
Same thing... different cast of characters.
Purple vixen YOU have some good ideas ... maybe if you got to write some scripts it could work. Until that happens, this will just spiral down into mediocrity ... losing fans. Who simply have had enough of a bad thing.

I had an idea WAYyyyyyyyyyyyy better than what they came up with for Takers streak ...  Yet could not get anyone to listen. Because I was not family, part of the company. Something that would have actually incoporated his characters roots and history.
Think they need to get some fresh thinkers in there.

Storm

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2014, 02:57:13 AM »
Happened to see something in passing .. Neck injury to Danial Bryan ??  Anyone know more on that??

From match, something outside the ring?

Happened to see online sooooooo  never know ... Mr Kennedy ... supposedly was dropped from WWE from being sloppy executing moves, possibly injuiring fellow wrestlers during matches .....

This in mind .. some of the dangerous moves out there... What are your fave finishers classic to maybe something newer??
Know Jake the Snake gave Ricky steamboat a concussion with DDT on the arena floor .......  Franken-Steiner easily a fave, any others?

Storm

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2014, 01:23:17 AM »
Was cruising youtube this week and found some old Stampede videos:

First under the Promo talent isn't hereditary category:
Barry O for most is known as a jobber or Randy Orton's uncle. And I found Randy to be as good at a promo as the Shockmaster was at coming through a wall. Bob Jr did all right but he was paired with Piper. But Barry, well in Stampede he was the Zodiak (based loosely on a gimmick his dad did) and he managed Jason the Terrible. And the two did recorded promos which apparently are quite legendary. And here is a sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1mCmwgzudc

The lead heels of Stampede were Karachi Vice, yep based on Miami Vice, they even did up T-Shirts. The main players were the Great Gama Singh (whose presence in the light heavyweight ranks was so huge a video featuring Owen Hart, Benoit, Bret was almost a Great Gama tribute based on how many times he appeared ), Makan Singh AKA Mike Shaw who for some reason never was allowed to speak much in his WCW/WWF days despite being just fine on the mic, Gary Albright, Johnny Smith, Jerry Morrow (the guy with the thick Caribbean accent ), The Cuban Assassin (the fellow who looks like Castro's if he let his hair grow out). Here is a nice tribute vid to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQQ1ywQ5kn8

Finally the Dynamite Kid reveals the truth about Davey Boy Smith's parentage. And yes he was managed by an English man in a cowboy hat with a Hitler mustache..why do you ask ? John "JR" Foley was actually the lead heel manager there for years. Dynamite still invoked his name in interviews in the area after John was dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziv6MnVIRQg
Now reading: "Never Again" by Francis King

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
  • I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »
This in mind .. some of the dangerous moves out there... What are your fave finishers classic to maybe something newer??
Know Jake the Snake gave Ricky steamboat a concussion with DDT on the arena floor .......  Franken-Steiner easily a fave, any others?

You're so old-school that they tore the school down, Stormy.

My favorite finishers are the variations of the cutter (I blame DDP and Bubba Ray for how much I love it), the package piledriver and the BRRRRRRAIIIIIIIIIINBUSTAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH~!
"What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting."
- Frank Herbert

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »
DBD's neck injury was something along the lines of recurring and nagging things that just accumulated over time due to his style. It got so bad he lost strength in one arm. He may need another surgery to help him get strength back in that arm.  I'm hoping he can come back and be 30 in the Rumble.

Those Stampede videos look amazing. I would love to see a Dynamite vs Davey Boy match. Is there one around?

Finishers?  Nothing beats a Diamond Cutter out of nowhere from an odd position.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »
Red, seems finding a Davey Boy vs Dynamite Kid match is bloody hard. I found one from Japan in 2 parts. Part 2 replays the last two minutes of part 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxmjKIQCGI0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9Z9upOFWk

I also found a few other early looks at Jim Neidhart (clean shaven no less) One thing i have noticed in these older vids, the crowds are LOUD !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LsygVnSXYc&list=UUxiu4to8t577xr8IZqP58nw&index=196

Another Stampede Alumni, Honky Tonk Man doing what he does best, talk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw88v9-0YOQ

How about Dynamite vs Bret when neither were anywhere near 200 lbs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQMl7SvqyLw

Not to be outdone, the equally smaller Davey Boy, with Bad News Allen (Brown), David Schultz and the Great Gama (who did work for Vince on Middle East and African tours. He had an offer to join the WWF in the early Vince days but wanted to raise his family instead ). And be warned the post match interviews are a bit un-PC. Although one could say that is evned out with the surealness of Man with Hitler mustache allied with a black, an East Indian and an Asian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL4qjZIcDfc

For this interested in reading about Stampede Wrestling I recommend Heath Mccoy's 'Pain and Passion' It also comes from a publisher that has done quite a few wrestling books in Canada and has one of the best names ever quite by accident. The name now is Entertainment Culture Writing. They began as Essays on Canadian Writing. But they have always gone by ECW Press :) I have had many a wrestling fan react with wide eyes seeing ECW on the side of my wrestling books :)
Now reading: "Never Again" by Francis King

Offline Callista

• God Member
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2014, 10:44:31 AM »
On the subject of Davey Boy, here's a very young Davey (literally called "Young David") up against another Dave, (also known as "Fit") from the famous British programme, World of Sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XuYJXF7rBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3FVfqRilWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4eWulZvEmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV6zVDhuj7g

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #187 on: September 08, 2014, 03:04:02 PM »
Man, I'm going to be on YouTube for days.
Thanks Meg and Callista!

(Big Johnny Saint fan here due to the World of Sport spots on YouTube)

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
« Reply #188 on: September 08, 2014, 07:27:49 PM »
Thanks Meg and Callista!

You should watch Daniel Bryan's Johnny Saint tribute matches from the Saturday morning show.
"What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting."
- Frank Herbert

Offline Callista

• God Member
« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2014, 08:34:23 AM »
Bad acting, mostly. They tried to have the catfighting sisters roll over Springer twice and failed.

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2014, 09:14:38 PM »
Thanks Meg and Callista!

You should watch Daniel Bryan's Johnny Saint tribute matches from the Saturday morning show.

That show Vortex on the CW?

Also, Ole chants on Raw as NXT invades. I want Heyman as my advocate. Also check out the gifs on Wrestling with Text. (Can't link on this phone so google. Good stuff there.)

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2014, 09:26:42 PM »
I dunno how a Raw with Bray Wyatt going over Jericho in a cage, Tyler Black going over Sheamus because of interference from Claudio Castagnoli, and El Generico and PAC in a tag match can leave such a bad taste in my mouth, but I think I blame the Bellas.

Although Adam Rose's bunny throwing a superkick made up for a lot of it.
- Frank Herbert

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »
I dunno how a Raw with Bray Wyatt going over Jericho in a cage, Tyler Black going over Sheamus because of interference from Claudio Castagnoli, and El Generico and PAC in a tag match can leave such a bad taste in my mouth, but I think I blame the Bellas.

Although Adam Rose's bunny throwing a superkick made up for a lot of it.

Generico is helping orphans in Mexico, that's his protege, Sami Zayn. Similar styles I know, but Sami's Canadian. 

Macara kayfabe for life.

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2014, 11:43:43 PM »
Generico is helping orphans in Mexico, that's his protege, Sami Zayn. Similar styles I know, but Sami's Canadian. 

Macara kayfabe for life.

... c'mere a second so I can brainbuster you.
- Frank Herbert

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2014, 06:18:52 AM »

Macara kayfabe for life.

... c'mere a second so I can brainbuster you.

Sounds a lot less painful than a skullfuck, but...no