News:

PRODUCERS & OTHER FORUMS SITES: Please note - you MUST HAVE A RECIPROCAL LINK back to this site is you wish to ADVERTISE your site on this forum. If you do not have a link back to us, we will remove your posts with immiediate effect - 25th April 2010

Take it to the mat .. All things pro wrestling! Would you catfight a Diva?

• 298 Replies

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
Re: Take it to the mat .. All things pro wrestling! Would you catfight a Diva?
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2014, 04:37:44 AM »
Not sure if anyone can find this to post. Like some did other matches ..

Have to say one of the most enjoyable matches have seen in awhile ...  Going through some older PPVS. You may not like how they end it.
Yet 2009 Tna Genesis .... Match between Chris Sabin and Alex Shelly ...  starts out slow. Yet you begin to see, it is like a clinic in technical wrestling.
Then as things heat up, the exchanges between them are very good. You can see even though partnered, at points. They did not hold back at all.

Storm

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
  • New Profile pic by RoxErotique *link below*
« Reply #211 on: October 14, 2014, 04:11:28 PM »
No...just no....too many stereotypical "Irish and like to fight" I like the idea of an iconic Warrior not a fighter...

A warrior and a fighter are the same player class, Reddy. :P

Not talking about D&D rules, but more the present day. Sheamus makes me think he stepped out of Gangs of New York. I want more than that for Finn.
"We are all freaks here..stop backbiting each other :)" --nutmeg78

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2014, 09:11:58 PM »
No...just no....too many stereotypical "Irish and like to fight" I like the idea of an iconic Warrior not a fighter...

A warrior and a fighter are the same player class, Reddy. :P

Not talking about D&D rules, but more the present day. Sheamus makes me think he stepped out of Gangs of New York. I want more than that for Finn.

Is it wrong that I saw the reference to D&D and knew that in at least one version a warrior isn't a player class whereas a fighter is?

But yeah, the Fighting Irishman trope is getting old in the E. Some of these ideas may have had more legs when the same wrestler wasn't seen nationally but now it is getting where a foreign wrestler's best bet would be to lose the accent lest they be doomed to play a drunken brawler (Irish), a cold brute (Russian), an effeminate fop (French) or a Mafioso (Italian) for their whole career. 
Now reading: "Never Again" by Francis King

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
  • I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.
« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2014, 11:56:13 AM »
Silly other Meg - you're forgetting that Irishmen can also be leprechauns, Russians can be blue collar shlubs in comically bad suits (Nikolai Volkoff: Best Face Turn Ever), Frenchmen can be pirates (long live Captain Lafitte!) and Italians can own snake puppets.
"What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting."
- Frank Herbert

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2014, 11:59:25 AM »
Is it wrong that I saw the reference to D&D and knew that in at least one version a warrior isn't a player class whereas a fighter is?

Just one version of AD&D 2nd ed. offered the Warrior as a low-powered NPC alternative to a fighter for caravan guards and henchmen and such. But the terms have been used interchangeably since forever, back to when fighters were Fighting Men.
"What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises—no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting."
- Frank Herbert

Offline Nutmeg

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2014, 09:19:58 PM »

Just one version of AD&D 2nd ed. offered the Warrior as a low-powered NPC alternative to a fighter for caravan guards and henchmen and such. But the terms have been used interchangeably since forever, back to when fighters were Fighting Men.

Warriors are also a NPC class in third edition/ Pathfinder and thus is very much part of current D&D jargon and its profound difference from a fighter.  And given the guys who i know who play Pathfinder they would likely have no problem letting some poor schmuck play a Warrior who asked for it (especially if female so they don't have "fake gamer girls" tainting their game system..ahem ) If I feel like trolling those boys I tend to start using wizard, sorcerer, shaman, witch and warlock interchangeably ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:13:36 PM by nutmeg78 »
Now reading: "Never Again" by Francis King

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2014, 12:50:33 PM »

Warriors are also a NPC class in third edition/ Pathfinder and thus is very much part of current D&D jargon and its profound difference from a fighter.  And given the guys who i know who play Pathfinder they would likely have no problem letting some poor schmuck play a Warrior who asked for it (especially if female so they don't have "fake gamer girls" tainting their game system..ahem ) If I feel like trolling those boys I tend to start using wizard, sorcerer, shaman, witch and warlock interchangeably ;)

Really want to piss off a D&D fanboy, say Cavalier and Chevalier interchangably.

"Red's hair is as breathtaking as a flock of wild cardinals taking flight from a noble hillock." -- sadie

Offline Callista

• God Member
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2014, 06:00:57 AM »
Or piss off the French by pronouncing them "calve-uh-leer" and "chev-uh-leer"

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
« Reply #219 on: October 21, 2014, 10:12:38 AM »
Pathfinder

Ah, there's your problem.

Pathfinder suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

D&D stopped producing real material after the last 2nd edition gazetteer.

... except the 3rd ed. Eberron campaign setting. I actually liked that one, if only because I could make an artistic golem who wanted to learn the meaning of love by being a bard.

Randy Orton RKOs the entire internet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TQ1I6Ey5hc

And countdown timer for a pointless face turn for Orton based on a meme begins in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ...
- Frank Herbert

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #220 on: November 23, 2014, 04:29:58 AM »
Randy Orton RKOs the entire internet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TQ1I6Ey5hc

Not sure about Orton .. YET know I LOVE seeing SADIE !!!

So anyone have thoughts on TNA network move??  Start of new year, new station. ALSO word being spread.. THIS one, has plans to help promote them.. Not just give them a time slot, and say there they are.

Seems like a LOT of injuries and pissed wrestlers both companies .. HMmmmmmmmmmmm  Any way we can start the PVRW?
PURPLE VIXEN REVOLUTION WRESTLING ... Give Vixen the creative reigns and let her have at it!!  Wooo Hoooo!!

Any updates brand switches, changes or possible up and comers??

Storm

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #221 on: November 23, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
rumors of Sting at Survivor Series. And a fun Onion style article http://www.kayfabenews.com/sting-confirmed-survivor-series-says-guy-internet/

And I actually get Destination America, so I'm going to see what TNA does.

Offline ThePurpleVixen

• God Member
« Reply #222 on: November 23, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »
The first Kevin Steen promo hit on NXT!  Although we haven't seen what ridiculous name they're gonna give him.

My money's on "Pierre Poutine".
- Frank Herbert

Offline RedEnforcer

• God Member
« Reply #223 on: November 23, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »
The first Kevin Steen promo hit on NXT!  Although we haven't seen what ridiculous name they're gonna give him.

My money's on "Pierre Poutine".

Pretty sure I read somewhere "Kevin Owens" (I think his son is named Owen)

Offline stormbolt7

• God Member
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2014, 06:21:25 AM »
OK know we have several TRIVIA and wrestling knowledge guru's and vixens here ...

First happened to catch one of Brutus Magnus early appearances older TNA event.. He actually came out, costumed face mask, and like gladiator.
They mentioned he was one of the Gladiators of the U.K.    Anyone have any scoop on that?? Was it some kind of wrestling faction in England? If so who else was part of it?

NEXT on your trivia trek ..

(Old school)  Who was the CAN/AM connection ??

Next ... Not just wrestling in Denver .. The team was known as Chronic ... Who were they. Also what other colorful characters/ Ids did they also  have?

Storm